Welcome to Parish of Christ the King. The parish has two churches Christ the King & Our Lady of Lourdes and St Augustine’s. The parish history can be found under ‘About’ in the menu at the top of this page. Christ the King church is open everyday from 7am until 8pm. Please try and pop in. This website has information about what goes on in the parish as well as information about our schools. Also welcome to those joining us over the internet watching our services live. Any comments or feedback please call or email.
Canon Tom Farrell. Parish Priest. firstname.lastname@example.org..uk
The Parish Visitation with Bishop Kenney last weekend (15th/16th November) went well and I thank the many people who worked so hard to provide everything we needed. People were very generous in providing the tea for the Parish Groups, food for Bishop Kenney and transport for visits to the sick and housebound. I really appreciate the time that the schools and parish gave to the weekend and I am sure the Bishop had a clear idea of the many aspects of our parish. Thank you all!! Fr Tom.
Listen to Bishop Kenney’s Homily at 12 noon Mass on Sunday 16th November 2014
Holy Souls in November
We continue to put together our Book of Remembrance for the Holy Souls in November. There are envelopes available at the back of the church which you can place into the box at the back of the church also. You can also post these through the presbytery letter box. Please hand in the envelopes over the next few weeks so that we can put together the Book of Remembrance which we read from during all the Masses in November.
God our Father you call us together to make our Parish a sign of the heavenly kingdom. Help us through this Church and our lives To be a fountain of faith, a beacon of hope And a haven of charity and prayer. We ask these prayers through Christ Our Lord. Amen.
23rd November – Solemnity of Christ the King.
This week we pray for…..
Those recently deceased Ellen Nolan and Eileen Caldwell and Elizabeth Brathy. May they rest in peace.
Those preparing for Baptism, Emilia Mae Ann Lane and Chloe Abby Witozak.
Prepare ye the way of the Lord
Sr Ruth writes…..
The Joy of the Gospel in November
Even as darkness takes over with the days getting shorter we have two months of joy amidst the sadness of loved ones departed and Advent purple before ‘tidings of great joy’. November bursts in with All Saints Day, a celebration of our destiny to be with Christ in glory as we give thanks for those we believe to be already in heaven. All Souls Day follows, another celebration and day of prayers for those who are on their way – a day of joy for them and for us since we know God’s love envelops them. (How our time/space language struggles to express eternity!). “The souls of the righteous are in the hand of God and there no torment shall touch them. In the sight of the unwise they seem to have died, but they are in peace” (Wisdom 3:1)…….continue reading link, all previous articles link
A Walk with a Minion of Satan Paperback book
Talks on Catholic Faith September 2014 – March 2015 at Christ the King.
Poster – Talks on the Faith 2014-15
The Course is made up of 15 Units with Talks and DVD presentations. Units 1—6 September to Christmas Break, Units 7—15 After Christmas to Easter
1. The Sacraments, 24th September
2. Baptism, 8th October
3. Confirmation, 22nd October
4. The Eucharist, 5th November
5. The God of Scripture, 19th November
6. The Father’s Promise, 3rd December
7. Jesus Our Saviour, 14th January
8. Children of God, 21st January
9. Living our Faith, 28th January
10. St Benedict, 4th February
11. St Francis of Assissi, 11th February
12. St Ignatius of Loyol,a 25th February
13. St Catherine of Sienna, 4th March
14. St Patrick, 18th March
15. St Therese of Lisieux, 25th March
Easter & Reception of New Catholics into Church
Please consider this course. It is suitable for those wishing to join the Catholic Church, but also for any Catholic wanting to grow in the knowledge of their faith. Especially helpful for Catholic Teachers.
Medjugorje 9- 16 June 2015, 13-20 October 2015
Birmingham – Dubrovnik with Monarch Air
Hoel Sulic – 3* Full Board – £260 per person sharing, £75 single room Supplement
Price includes: Hotel / Airport transfer / Local Guide. Air Fares and Travel Insurance are not included in this price.
Air Fares book early Save ££££!!!!
Contact: Deacon Pat Flanagan (Christ the King, Coventry), 024 76 335383
Patrickflanagan7@hotmail.co.uk 106 ROossyln Avenue, Coventry, CV6 1GN
Poster Medjugore leaflet
Christ the King Football Team
Christ the King Football Club will be holding their 70th Anniversary celebratory dinner on Saturday, November 12th, 2016, the venue for the event will be the Royal Court Hotel. There will be other events throughout that year starting with a mass in January, dates etc will follow in due course. Contact James Brown for more information email
Parish pilgrimage to the Holy Land in September 2014
“Probably the best pilgrimage we have done” that was Fr Tom’s verdict on the parish pilgrimage to the Holy Land in September 2014…..link
Confirmation 21st June 2014
Pilgrimage to Krakov June 2014
- Storm in a Tea Tip? - Understanding the proposed TTIP treatyWhat is the TTIP? John Nightingale, Chairman of Jubilee Debt Campaign, Birmingham explains: “Tea-Tip” is the pronunciation used for TTIP, the initial letters of the “Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership”. .... I am struck by the words of Jesus: ‘In the evening you say, “It will be fine; there is a red sky”, and in the morning, […]
- Irish bishop welcomes President Obama's immigration reformsBishop John Kirby, Bishop of Clonfert and chair of the Irish Bishops’ Council for Emigrants has welcomed President Obama’s immigration reforms which affect many ‘undocumented’ Irish people living in the USA. Bishop Kirby said: “I welcome President Obama’s change in the deportation system. The President’s Immigration Accountability Executive Actions serve to underline the complexity of the […]
- Ireland: Pope Francis appoints new Archbishop of Cashel & EmlyHis Holiness Pope Francis has accepted the resignation, on the ground of age, of Archbishop Dermot Clifford as Archbishop of Cashel & Emly, and has appointed Bishop Kieran O’Reilly SMA as Archbishop of Cashel & Emly. This announcement was made today in the Vatican at 12pm local time. Archbishop Eamon Martin welcomed the appointment, saying:... I […]