Full Closure of Catholic Churches. Following the Prime Minister’s historic announcement on the 23 March strengthening restrictions in an attempt to combat the spread of COVID-19, Catholic Churches are closed to the public at this time. Canon Tom Farrell, Parish Priest of Christ the King.
You can join us online Christ the King livestream Join us daily for Mass at 9.30am, and the Rosary at 7pm
Make an Act of Spiritual Communion
“My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.”
From this weeks newsletter:
Dear Parishioners, thanks to all for your continued support of the parish services. We have had a lot of positive feedback from within the parish and beyond. I am sorry that some of you have been experiencing some transmission difficulties, we are trying to sort these out. If there are problems with your reception, it sometimes works better if you turn off and reconnect. We are trying to sort out some of the problems with the service provider.…God Bless, Fr Tom
This weeks newsletter in full 31st May
Youth Group Session 3 30/5/2020
Financial Help. We have also been asked about helping the parish financially. Plase click Supporting your parish financially for more information.
The God Who Speaks link Weekly Meditations by Fr Dries Van den Akker S.J on the Paintings of St Matthews Gospel by Peter Clare.
Faith at Home
Children’s liturgy resources:
- Ten Ten is offering all families and schools the opportunity to access free prayer resources for the home and also have a video for children’s liturgy each week link.
- A mum in Westminster Diocese creates a children’s liturgy video on Saturday evenings for use on Sunday. For those that use Facebook there is a link to page so families in your parishes can create their own ‘watch parties’ and join together with other families link. For those who do not have Facebook here is the link to the YouTube channel link.
- CAFOD link to their children’s liturgy resources link.
- Catholic Mom has useful printable worksheets link.
Exploring the faith together as a family:
- Youcat link – great resource for all ages explaining the teachings of the Catholic Church and has an accompanying app via these links
Christ the King is part of the Archdiocese of Birmingham, Registered Charity No. 234216.
Our parish website provides Catholic news, and information.